Cranberry Salsa

  • 2 diced jalapeƱos
  • 2 cups coarsely chopped cranberries
  • Grated orange peel from one large orange
  • The Juice from one large oranges
  • 3 tablespoons of cilantro (chopped)
  • A healthy dash of tequila (yes, its OK if you do a shot also)
  • 1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger
    • I don't bother to peel it. You need a little fiber in your diet anyway.
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/4 cup honey (Orange Blossom, if you can find it)
  • 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
I usually put everything (except honey) into a food processor and give it a good zing to chop it up. Its a lot easier than quartering 200 cranberries by hand! This is the base recipe - I usually use two bags of cranberries and increase the ingredients accordingly. I do lots of adjusting with the ingredients and I doubt you'll ever see me with a measuring spoon or cup in my hands. Remember, recipes are a suggestion of how to prepare something. Adjust according to your own taste. It is best to prepare at least 4 - 24 hours before serving to allow the flavors to mix. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

This is always a hit on Thanksgiving along with my stuffed jalapeƱos and smoked turkey. I'll get those recipes added one of these days.

No comments: